Volunteers are vital to our success. Our volunteers help us unload food, process inventory, stock shelves and help during pantry hours. There are volunteer opportunities for all ages and abilities. We believe that providing everyone with the opportunity to serve others provides an enormous amount of growth and understanding of how even one person can make a big difference in the lives of others. Our volunteers show the utmost of respect to each other and our clients.Volunteer at Hope Street
- Unopened/Unused items
- Non-perishable food items that are sealed and unexpired
- Canned or plastic jarred pasta sauce. Please no glass.
- Frozen, refrigerated and bread items that are sealed and unexpired (call for drop-off instructions)
- Please separate food items from non-food items (toiletries)
- All food items must have a label listing the ingredients
- We do not accept homemade items.
- We accept unopened dog and cat food donations
- We do not accept clothing or household items
Items we stock at the pantry
- Protein Beans
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Vegetables
- Dry Pasta
- Canned or Plastic Jar Pasta Sauce/Tomato Sauce
- Rice/Mashed Potatoes/Stuffing Mix
- Canned Pasta
- Canned Fruit
- Macaroni and Cheese/Ramen
- Breakfast (Grits/Oatmeal/Cereal)
- Dry Milk
- Extra (ketchup, mayo, mustard, syrup, gravy, oil, salt, flour, sugar etc.)
- Toilet Paper
- Baby Wipes
- Dog and Cat Food
Other Ways To Help
Host a Food Drive
One of the easiest ways to help support Hope Street Food Pantry is by organizing a food drive. These can be done in your neighborhood, workplace, school, clubs or church. If you would like to organize a food drive, please contact us and let us know so we can communicate our most needed items.
Volunteer at Second Harvest Food Bank Metrolina
By volunteering at Second Harvest Food Bank Metrolina, your hours will give Hope Street Food Pantry credit towards purchasing food. HSFP spends on average $200 per week on food at Second Harvest. Volunteer at Second Harvest by visiting their website secondharvestmetrolina.org. When volunteering on our behalf , please be sure you tell them our agency #955AP, to ensure we receive the credit for your hard work.